Sunday, April 2, 2017

Week 10 reflection



Sometimes the twitter classes can be confusing. I don’t usually look at the week’s class until I start to write my blog on Tuesday. So, when I got extra confused this last week, I looked at the weeks website, but it was still hard to follow.  I think it was just a more challenging week. We really had to do a lot on inward thinking as well as looking back at what we have learned throughout the semester.
               This week I commented on Mariah’s blog. I talked about how important the learning environment can be in the classroom. There are also so many aspects to a differentiated classroom it is challenging to just choose five. I also commented on Gerald’s blog. I talked about how it would be more challenging to have differentiation in a math classroom. There seems to be a very limited number of things to change or do differently, especially for high school level math.
               Shauan commented on my blog and we talked about how important flexibility in the classroom can be. She actually went back into her unit and edited it. It was really nice to see that someone took what I wrote and used it to help their lesson.
               This week I did a lot of thinking about how and why I wrote the unit plan the way I did. Self-assessment is important and not just for sour students. Sometimes we can get so caught up in the flow of the school year that we can forget that we also need to be striving every day to be a better teacher. This week, I was reminded to slow down and understand myself better as a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment